Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My First "Blog Post"


Well, with having some of the most stressful few weeks on the work front lately, I thought that it would be good to have an outlet for my general ramblings about love, life and motorbikes.

You see, as a "returned rider" having had a few years away from bikes I have rediscovered the joy of the ride, the thrill of two wheels and the calm it can help me achieve.

In the last few months I have covered quite a few thousand km's and met some really interesting people along the way. Whenever I can, I get on the bike - its a Suzuki Boulevard C90 - a "cruiser" as they say. Big, comfortable with the greatest low growl that calms me on my journey.

Originally I thought that I would start a blog to chart my ride journey - because I have a dream. Between you and me, it is a large dream, a dream to one day motorcycle aroud the globe. Yes, call it crazy, yes, call it a pipe dream, but why the hell shouldnt I have a "BHAG" - a Big Hairy Audacious Goal.

So there it is, the beginning of my journey!

I took this photo of the old girl when I stopped for a smoke on the side of Lake Rotorua.

A sweet moment of peace and quiet!

No comments: