Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 9 - Greymouth to Nelson

Woke up this morning in Greymouth to the sound of rain on the roof so geared up with multiple layers and set off to Westport heading up the coast. Although the road was wet, the weather improved a little and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride to Westport with some magnificent sweeping views of the coastline.

Filled up at Westport and headed towards Nelson - through the gorge was very wet with amazing scenery - I had organised to meet a fellow kiwibiker at the Owen River pub - which is basically a pub in the middle of nowhere (I definitely recommend a stop here). PC and his lovely partner met me at the pub and I had a shandy while we waited for a couple of their mates. By the time we left Ross the weather had improved somewhat and we motored for another 100kmsish until we got to their home in Wakefield - I have had the most incredible hospitality from these guys and I am very thankful

Tomorrow morning I set off early to Nelson then Picton so I can catch the ferry back to the North Island. The old girl has clocked up around 2500km's on the trip so far.

What a journey!

No comments: