Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm planning a trip....

Ive decided that I want to do a motorbike tour overseas somewhere in the next 18 months. The current plan is to take between three and five weeks to jump on a bike and see a bit of the world. I am thinking that it will be around August/September next year.

Originally I had dreams of traversing across terra firma on a bike by myself but I think that this is a little bit more to bite off at this juncture. Better I think to do a guided tour and get a feel for it first.

There are a range of destinations and different companies that can do this. Has anyone done a guided motorbike tour and have any feedback about it? or any ideas on this topic? Id be very appreciative while I am gathering info.

Heres a little video of one company that does tours in South America ...

1 comment:

SonjaM said...

Oh, I hear ya. South America is also very high on my list, but since I am not off-road savvy I will wait until I get more confidence and stick to black top for my next travels. Canada and the US give me enough space to explore, and I still want to revisit some places in Europe.