Thursday, April 21, 2011

I will miss this view


This afternoon I head off for my pre journey journey down to Tauranga, the East Cape, Gisborne and Napier which I am really looking forward to.

I woke up this morning to a beautiful autumnal day and being the reflective type sat on my deck with my morning coffee and ciggie and enjoyed the view that I have had for the last 12 years in my apartment.

When I bought this place I was still a teacher and didn't know a lot about how real estate worked but I knew what I wanted to buy and I took one step in to the place and fell in love and knew this was "the one". The agent must have felt absolute joy when she saw me as I promptly got bridging finance as I hadn't sold my old place, and payed way too much for it, but 12 years later i don't regret for a moment that i bought it. It has given me such joy.

For the first few years I had flatmates to help pay the mortgage and keep my head above water. When I moved from teaching to real estate there have been a few moments where I was on edge as to whether I could pay my expenses or not so to say I am am emotionally attached to the place is an understatement. It has been my place of calm in a world of chaos.

It is not a super special apartment. It has it's quirky aspects, but it's mine and home is where your heart is. So, this morning I had to take a couple of snaps of the beautiful morning that I woke up to.









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Trobairitz said...

It is nice to sit and reflect with a hot cup of coffee and a beautiful view.

Good luck on your journey.