Saturday, April 9, 2011

Trip Planning (Part 2)

So, I have been doing yet more research as I am in two minds about whether to rent a bike where I am heading or make it a complete adventure by taking Big Bertha with me. This is possible as many people have done this. On Monday I plan to contact a business contact of mine who is a freight agent who should be able to give me some better costings on this.

I am currently madly sending off emails to people to get quotes for both bike hireage and also to get Big Bertha first over to Aussie then on to South East Asia. In an ideal world I would love to take the bike with me and then I would have so much more flexibility in term of time and the like, and imagine heading from Melbourne to Cairns then getting Big Bertha over to Singapore then travelling the few thousand km's through Malaysia and to Thailand. There are quite a few blogs of people who have done this or similar so the next few days is to get an idea of pricing of this option.

The other thing that is required for some of the countries is a "carnet" - essentially its like a passport for your bike.

Meanwhile, on the home front, I am hopeful that I can get over this bug in the next couple of days so I can get Mr Fixit in to do all those little jobs around the place that I need to have done, then, if all goes to plan I can get my place advertised to rent by the end of next week.

In the meantime, Im hoping I have won a share of the $34 million lotto prize tonight. :)

No comments: