I need a little assistance from those of you who have been or who are on the road at the moment in regards to technology. I have been researching what and how people stay in touch while on the road as thr last time I did any serious travelling around the world I just took myself and my bacpac and an old fashioned camera. (maybe theres beauty in simplicity)
Below are what I currently have and what I am thinking of doing
1. I have a cheap old cell phone
2. I have just acquired an ipad.
3. I need to get a new camera
Heres what Im thinking -
* Take said cheap cell phone with me (leave sim at home) and buy cheap pre pay sim card in each country so I have access to send texts if needed
* Take said ipad with me so I can check email, update blog and upload photos and video from digital camera from wifi spots, and use same pre pay sim card in ipad for 3g access when I cant find wifi spots.
* Buy new cheap digital camera that can also take short video clips if required ad upload these through ipad (1 not 2)