Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 19 - On the way home

Taupo - Tirau - Pukekohe - Hamilton

So, I'm just about back in Auckland.

I left Taupo and did a little detour as some of my motorbike mates were meeting in Pukekohe for lunch and a video of the Suzuki boulevard rally from a few weeks ago. If you enjoy to ride then do have a look at www.colemanscruisers.co.nz .... It costs you nothing to join up or join in and anybody can post a ride. It's a great way to meet fellow bike enthusiasts and get to know a whole lot of thoroughly nice interesting people.



All the bikes are shiny ..... Except one :)


Pea soup fog greeted me as I left Taupo but it progressively improved. It was not an exciting days ride, however, I found myself going very sedately as I reviewed my trip in my head and didn't want the New Zealand leg of the journey to be over yet.

I stayed for lunch in Pukekohe then bid my farewells and headed back down south to Hamilton where I am now.



My regular stop on the way to Hamilton .... The back of Huntly :)


On Wednesday I head back to Auckland where I have lots of planning to do and people to see before jumping on the plane next Monday.

I will fill you in on the details when I am a little further down the track. I will also write a review of some of the highlights of this trip.


YouTube Video

Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

3 comments:

MasterBry said...

We thought we saw you at about 12.30 heading towards Hamilton, we were heading towards Pokeno at the time, you sure are getting about !

Andrew said...

Glad you made it safely to your Folks. I did the Waikaremoana road several years ago on a ZZR11, but in the height of summer with a group of friends. Like you I was so glad to arrive in Murapara in one piece.

Go well, I'll be following your blog.
Andy

kiwionabike said...

Cheers Andy.
How's life Bryan?