Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 6 - wow, wow, wow!

Queenstown and Glenorchy

I am staying for another night with my friends Here in Queenstown. This morning I gave Bertha a rest and bused into Queenstown while my friends were At work. I spent the morning wandering around enjoying the environment, reading the paper, etc, etc. I also tried to find an optometrist as I have managed to break the frame of my glasses somehow. Anyway, apparently they need some special soldering only available in Christchurch. I then went to a couple of jewelers who I thought could help but no joy,so with a bit of kiwi ingenuity and a bit of blue tac I have a temporary fix. If worst comes to worst I also bought some superglue as a last resort.

This afternoon I decided to take Bertha for a ride down to Glenorchy and back - wow wow wow !! I will let the photos do the talking. Tomorrow it's off to Hokitika over Haast Pass and I happen to know the local copper in hokitika who is going to put me up for the night. Dinner and drinks tonight. A very relaxing day indeed!




Queenstown



















Glenorchy










Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

4 comments:

Gary France said...

Wow indeed. Stunning scenery, especially across the water. Keep up the great work on your blog, it is excellent and very entertaining. I hope you get your glasses fixed.

Gary

Becky said...

Wow - great photos Nick

bluekat said...

So beautiful, and so peaceful and still.

Sime said...

Amazing photos Nick. Awesome scenery and great blog post.
Ride safe and keep em coming.