Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Journey Begins .... Day 1

Finally!!! It feels like weeks in the planning but it hasn't really been.

After running around like a headless chicken this morning I finally departed Auckland beginning the NZ leg of my southern hemisphere travels. I managed to pick up my plane tickets this morning so my journey dates are set, packed my bags last night and promptly realized this morning that I had over packed as is usually the way. Had my second rabies shot and booked in for the final one in just over three weeks. Packed up my x's car with yet more last minute stuff out of the apartment, left my house keys on the bench and with a nod to my home, and a hug and a kiss with my x, and bid farewell for the next few months.

Day 1 - Auckland to Hamilton - about 120km's

Not an exciting leg, in fact one I have done 1000's of times traveling down to my folks place where I am staying tonight. They are a truly wonderful couple in their 70's and 80's who have done a fare bit of traveling in their own right to many exotic locations around the world. I am very fortunate in the family department that's for sure. We should always take a moment to be thankful for our loved ones around us. This afternoon I gave my mum a crash course on sending emails so she is all ready to stay in communication :) (something were good at in the family)

The last two days in Auckland has been hideous weather with torrential rain, wind and tornados. Today, blue sky so it was a relatively warm, dry run down. Tomorrow is a big day as I am heading straight to Wellington.

Also, on a different note, I was remiss with my 1st may bloggers photo of me and a centerline - so I post one below, better late than never :)

anyway more in a couple of days. PS... The polyprop underwear is brilliant! :)





The back of Huntly





My abcd centreline photo


Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

9 comments:

Raftnn said...

Good luck Nick and all the best.

kiwionabike said...

Thanks very much :)

Gary France said...

Have a fantastic trip. Ride safe. Don’t get lost. Enjoy yourself. Take lots of pictures. Tell us all about it on your blog. There - simple really.

kiwionabike said...

Cheers Gary much appreciated.

mq01 said...

EXCELLENT! have a safe and wonderful journey. im looking forward to following you :)

Trobairitz said...

Good luck on your adventures.

The world will be watching.......well, we bloggers will be at any rate.

bobskoot said...

Nick:

good fortune on your mid life crisis adventure. come back with memories of a lifetime, and of course photos for us

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

MasterBry said...

Ride safe Nick, we will both be keeping an eye on you via your blog :-)
regards
Bryan

MasterBry said...

Ride safe Nick, we both will be keeping an eye on your blog and travels.
Regards
Bryan