Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 32 & 33 Beach Swim/Dreamworld

Day 32

After a leisurely sleep in then a walk to find a takeaway coffee, a jaunt to Australia Fair shopping centre was in order to get me a discounted ticket to Dreamworld for Saturday as well as some tropical mosquito repellant for Bali and Malaysia. A nice walk around Southport then back to the apartment for an hour or two.




Southport.......

Then it was time for a swim in the sea. I couldn't come to the gold coast and not go for a swim. Swimming in the sea would have to be one of my favorite pastimes and I would seriously look at moving here just so I could swim every morning. I swam strictly between the flags as there was a bit of a rip. I thought the water was incredibly warm actually and must admit that i do love the beach hereOnIon the evening I managed to fall asleep on the couch pretty damn content. No dancing the night away for me!

I am loving this not working caper. :)

Day 33 - Dreamworld




Good morning day 33....




YouTube Video


I really enjoyed my day and found the rides pretty good. My favorite bit though were the watersides - I haven't done that for probably 20 years.

I did think that the amusement park was very run down and in need of a serious face lift. Plus, the lunch hamburger was horrendously expensive and the most disgusting "food" I think I have ever eaten.

It was great fun though, and I enjoyed meeting a number of Ians friends who were a friendly bunch :)

At the end of the day we piled in to the cars and headed to "outback jacks" for dinner in Southport then in to Main Beach for ice cream.

One more day, then a mad pack on Sunday night.

Monday morning will be on the train early to catch the plane to Bali with a fond farewell until next time to my friend Ian who has been so incredibly generous with his time and sharing of his local knowledge.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

No comments: