Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 34 Last day in Aussie

Tomorrow I fly out to Bali. I am very excited but also a little sad as I have greatly enjoyed my Australian stopover.

Today we took a boat trip around the waterways taking in some of the magnificent homes around Chevron Island. I found a brilliant company called Bluewater Cruises that were outstanding. For $15 we had an hour and a half cruise around the waterways and a free beer at the pub afterwards. I highly recommend it.

Below is a snapshot of some of the properties. One interesting point to note is that I was quite surprised by the fact that some of the homes were quite rundown however these sat side be side by absolute mansions.

After our beer when we hopped off, Ian took me for one final drive around a couple of other areas - Benowa Waters and Emerald Lakes.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my week in the Gold Coast and catching up with my long lost friend. We have not been short on things to talk about or do and true friendship is one where you can pick up where you left off. I look forward to returning here again.

(..Don't forget you can click on the photos for a larger view..)












































Yes, a fake Statue of David at Emerald Lakes ..... Tacky i reckon. :)

Tonight I pack then it's an early trip on the train to catch the plane to Bali...so a 5.30am wake up. It may be a couple of days before I update again while I arrange Internet access, etc.

Bali here I come!

Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

2 comments:

mq01 said...

FABULOUS!!! its been a treat following along, and i cant wait to see/hear about bali!

Brady said...

The next time I'm in the southern hemisphere I'll try to remember about that cruise. It sounds like a great thing to do, especially for the price (with a free beer!?) Great.

Brady
Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life
http://www.behindbarsmotorcycle.com/