Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 37 I got lost again (in a good way)

So today was the day I was going exploring. I slept in a little after my late night so was a little slow to get organized. By the time I was ready to go it was nearly 12.00 and David came as well and we went first for a bite to eat at a local roadside eatery then to get a key cut for me.




Lunch with bottled water at a local spot ... About $1.20

After bidding the boys goodbye I proceeded to navigate the craziness of millions of bikes, people and cars. Somehow I made it to the epicenter of action, Kuta beach. I parked up, paid the motorbike attendant and went for a walk along the beach where I was accosted by hawkers. I was looking for a couple of t shirts to buy so began the negotiating and proceeded to overpay for them but enjoyed the interchange.







Kuta Beach ... Very quiet actually.

After leaving Kuta Beach I got seriously lost as I navigated the throng of millions. There is just so much to take in.







A few bikes .....




After an hour or so I somehow recognized some buildings and god knows how found my way back to the area where I am staying. By now it was time for a beer so I rode down to Petitenget Beach and popped in for a beer at the local bar then went for a walk then a swim. After the swim I met some of the locals and enjoyed another beer. :)




A newly finished resort







David and Iains beach....

I have now returned to the villa and will have an early evening nap as I am contemplating heading out again tonight for a bit of the nightlife again.

It is a lot of fun I have to say. :)


Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

3 comments:

Geoff James said...

We stayed at Kuta North and it was wonderful. The only downer was that I contracted camphylobacter the day before we came home. Ate nearly a whole box of dia-stop to make the journey bearable, haha.

FSafe eating and have a lot of fun1

bluekat said...

Sometimes getting lost can be a good thing! :) Nice photos of your day. That's a lot of bikes!

Gary France said...

Great looking beaches. Beer and beaches - a great combination!