Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 38 - personal local guide

After a leisurely morning at the villa meeting some of the guys friends I headed off with Iain for a spot of lunch and a beer at the beach. At the same time we were their I was able to organize a personal tour guide for some of the local sites.





I headed off with Artem on his bike and after a long ride through main streets, back streets and everything in between we arrived at Tanah Lot to look at the Hindu temple.








Along with 1000's of tourists and school children it was an interesting site which was also filthy with rubbish and shop stalls everywhere. Kind of strange for a religious site.

My favorite part was sitting watching the sunset behind the temple. We also caught a show after dusk which was quite obviously for tourists. There were elements of traditional dance but not really my cup of tea.













By this time it was about 8.30pm so we had a decent ride back to town where we enjoyed a lovely meal at this cool restaurant that I could probably never find again. There were tables in Bales around a lake and very very nice well priced food.

At the end of the evening Artem took me back to his place as I was very interested to see how the locals live rather than just the tourist facade. I really appreciated the time he spent showing me round and I think will organize another day out.

All in all another great Balinese day.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

No comments: