Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 41 - Missing in Action

Because of my day sleep yesterday i have successfully stuffed up my sleeping patterns. As a result i was wide awake at 3.00am this morning. When the guys got up and we had our morning fresh fruit i was actually feeling a little queasy in the stomach which may have been the start of a little Bali Belly as they call it, however, i had some mixture that David gave me and a couple of bits of toast and i felt a little better. I did manage to have some lunch too so hopefully that is the sum of it. I think it is probably a combination of too much sun, an attack of the senses when riding baby bertha and a few too many drinks and late nights.

On that note, have I told you about the road rules here? That's right, there are no road rules .... Seriously.

In saying that, I am learning that it is organized mayhem with kind of an unwritten code with people generally patient with polite beeps of the horn.

Here is an example - when turning off the road to the right, generally on the bike you swerve in front of oncoming traffic then ride a few meters on the wrong side of the road before turning on to the side street.

I had planned to go with my local guide to look at a couple of beaches further afield today but unfortunately he is missing in action. I went to our meeting place this morning three times but he didn't turn up. I do hope he is okay as i did enjoy his company. Of course, he may have got a better offer elsewhere.

So today I have been sitting poolside relaxing in the shade with the boys' which has been lovely.

I have also been researching accommodation for when I arrive in Kuala Lumper. I would like to have the first 3 or 4 nights booked so I have time to organize/find a motorbike rental company and also to see some of the sights in KL.

With time fast approaching to hop on the plane later this week the days seem to have flown by.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

2 comments:

Gary France said...

This is turning out to be a great trip and you sound as if you are having a great time. I missed a few of your posts and no doubt you wrote about it, but I don't know where your bike is, so going to read some older posts to find out....

Gary France said...

Got it. Bertha is left at home, tucked up under her cover.