Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 48 - Petronas Twin Towers

Well, I headed off to the twin towers today first on the monorail then on foot. I have also being trying out my limited Bahasa Malay with at least a smile from those I have spoken to. Once I got to the towers I found out that the maximum number of tickets had been sold for the day so no chance of making it up the top as I am heading off early tomorrow. Serves me right for leaving it to the last, however, not to worry, I wandered around the mall underneath, yet another megamall. The upside was that I finally found a pair of clip on sunglasses for my prescription specs which has made a huge difference to walking around outside and will be a welcome addition while on the bike.

I also grabbed a bento box for lunch (Malaysian style) which was very tasty and went for a walk around kuala lumpur city park. By then it was stinking hot with 100% humidity as it started to rain, kind of. I decided to catch a taxi back and jumped in a discount taxi where I bartered with the driver as he wanted to charge me an exorbitant amount to take me back to the hotel.







Petronas Towers


Shopping


Looking towards KL city park..

I am now back at the hotel and will sort out my packing tonight at I have an early start with the taxi guy coming at 7.45am to take me to the bike shop.

I am really keen tomorrow to head across the island to the other side so I can enjoy some cooler riding through the hills and maybe stay at a smaller community tomorrow night. I am hopeful that Faizal can lead me out of KL as I have visions of spending the whole day going in circles.

I am really interested to see what the cell phone coverage is like. I am also fully prepared (I think) to utilize the local public conveniences as opposed to the "western style" toilet. :) Thanks Bali for the practice.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

2 comments:

MasterBry said...

good luck getting out of the city Nick, and take care on those roads !
Very much enjoying the blog !

Petronas Twin Tower said...

Petronas Twin Tower is an iconic view of Malaysia!