Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 59 - Today, big bikes, tomorrow, Thailand.

Well, I can't believe how fast the time flew on the bike. The 10 days just shot by so very fast and tomorrow I head to Thailand.

Today I met Faizal and Tore (the guy he took on his guided 5 day tour) and we went first to a couple of bike accessory shops and then to the largest bike shop in south east Asia .... And boy was it big - it had every type of super bike you could imagine as well as every type of Ferrari car you could imagine. I only got a couple of photos, but the one that stood out was this one .................





...and this one ...




Yes, that right, its berthas cousin, a twin coloured c109 just like her. Now bikes are very expensive here because of the tax ... Bertha would cost about 85,000 ringit which is about $35000 - roughly double her cost in new zealand.

I had a moment of sadness as i hoped she was okay tucked up under her cover back home. She would have had such fun on this journey. Next time, no matter how much it is or how difficult i'm bringing her with me. Just for me, i put one of her below .....




Oh ok.... One more....




Below ... Tore, "Big Nik" (one of the owners of the shop.) and me.





A couple more of some of the bikes on display ...







Lots and lots of Ducatis....

And then to top off a bike looking day today, walking back to my hotel, a motorbike cop was trying to sort out the traffic ....








I decided that instead of catching the train i would fly to phuket as its only an hour and a half and then i can put my feet up and relax for a few days while organising the Thailand leg of my journey, so tomorrow afternoon I fly out and say farewell (for now) to malaysia.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

2 comments:

MasterBry said...

Totally enjoyed traveling Malaysia with you Nick, sadly for me I didn't loose any weight on the Malaysia leg, maybe Thailand will be better for that hahaha

Great fun you must be having, stay safe.
Bryan

Anonymous said...

Loved your last Malaysia blog and pleased to see. Big Bertha again - she's lovely. However, Blue Burtie has done you proud and you have had a wonderful Malaysia segment of your holiday and met some amazingly nice and very helpful people along the way.

Great to hear from you this morning, by now you will be on your way to Phuket so We look forward to a bully from there before too long. Hope you can find a worthy successor to Burtie in Thailand, haha!!!

Love and xxx.