Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 64 - making some progress

So, today I set off to immigration to find out about visas as I only got the standard 30 day visa on entry to Thailand. It was my fault really as I should have done my research more thoroughly. So, after a big loop of Phuket town I finally found immigration where I spoke to a very helpful chap who explained what I have to do. Apparently, it is quite common.

So, I need to do what they call a "visa run"where I pop over the border to either Penang or KL both only about an hour and a half away and go to the thai embassy where I apply for a 60 day visa. Why you can't just do it here, I don't know, but those are the rules.

So I have decided to stay at my accommodation for a further 9 days and mid next week I will organize a bike then leave here, do the visa run (which does entail a night outside of Thailand I think, then come back in, pick up the bike and off I go.

I also managed to get my cellphone sorted and also Internet on the iPad for while I am on the go, so that is great. I was going to find the bike shop today but after my couple of hours looking for Thai immigration and the cell phone shop I have left it for another day.
:)

Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

No comments: