Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 65 - irony in the first degree....

Before leaving New Zealand for my travels, many people when I explained what I was doing had said to me to be careful about what I ate on my journey, especially the road side stalls and such. Well, I chose to ignore all those comments and have eaten anything and everything from any place as local looking as possible. This has served me well through Indonesia, Malaysia and here in Thailand.

Now, fast forward to this evening where one of the guests where I am staying suggested that we go and have dinner at a posh looking "western style" restaurant on the beach in the middle of tourist central. Great idea, I said. So off we went, and when we arrived my alarm bells rang, not for dodgy food but for a huge bill as there were no locals dining at the restaurant, only "falang" (foreigners).

Sure enough, not only was the bill horrendously overpriced but I am now feeling somewhat seedy as well !

....update... Stomach feeling more settled. :)


Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

2 comments:

SonjaM said...

Whatever can be considered as 'western style' food is... it would be the last place I would be attracted to...
I guess you will return to the local cuisine rather quickly?

kiwionabike said...

You've got that right Sonja ... Absolutely.