Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 70 - The Singapore Sling .....

Well, I have inched a step forward in my progress to head around Thailand. After a fairly extensive search of the possibilities I have now instigated "the plan" which will hopefully see me riding off Phuket island on Monday 25th July.

I have procured a local lawyers firm to put together all the paperwork required for a 90 day non immigrant visa. As per all the options, I still need to head out of Thailand, and in fact to Singapore which is approximately two hours by plane away. I set off this morning by scooter to the other side of th island and met with them. I have a couple of extra documents to organize for next Tuesday and they will prepare all the visa documents that I need to take with me.

So, the next step is to book my flight for next Tuesday night and accommodation in Singapore for three nights, then I will return to my home away from home here in Phuket for three further nights before heading off on Monday the 25th. In some respects, going to singapore is quite good as it means I am not retracing my steps.

This Wednesday I will take the bike I have found for a spin for one day to check that it is okay before hiring it for an extended period of time on my return from Singapore.

It is good to finally have a plan in place.


Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great and I think you will like Singapore. It is a very clean and pretty lawful place. We have enjoyed several visits there over the years. (short visits) But it is nice - very hot though but I feel you are coping with the heat really well.

will email you at length tonight.

love and xxxx.