Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sick,sick,sick!

So, here I am a couple days close to checking out and I feel like absolute crap. I woke up this morning with a fever, sore throat and horrible dry cough. To top it off my Stomach is iffy too.

I actually felt it begin to come on yesterday so took some preventative measures from my first aid kit with some panadol from home, not that it did any good. I had a massage a couple of days ago which sometimes interestingly does cause me to get sick, however, I think the most likely scenario is a couple nights ago I fell asleep on top of the bed with the air conditioning unit going full bore and I think I may have got a very nasty chill.

Anyway, I am drinking lots of water, having been taking panadol for the headache and got some brightly colored pills from the pharmacy so we will see how I feel tomorrow.

So, I'm heading back to bed now and I'll see whether I can sleep this off.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

4 comments:

MasterBry said...

Well I do hope that it passes soon Nick, and your probably right about the air con, I have had that issue myself many times while traveling.

When are we to see more biking.... :-)

Get well soon, Bryan & Hayley

Geoff James said...

'ello Nick
Hope you get better soon. In the early hours of Tuesday morning, we also arrived on Phuket Island, courtesy of a surprise anniversary trip organised by my wife. Staying at the Duangjitt Resort which is very nice. Can see why you like the place - we've got something organised every day we're here - what a great playground!!

All the best....

SonjaM said...

You know what Grandma says: lots of fluids, teas (with honey), and doing nothing for a bit. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Take care!

kiwionabike said...

Thanks Sonja. Much appreciated.

Geoff - have an awesome time - be careful, you might just fall in love with the place and the people :) a couple of things I suggest -
a walk down bangla road late at night just to experience the crazy bars, clubs, hawkers, etc.
A ride up to the big Buddha ion the hill - great views, free entry
Rent a chair on one of the beaches and lie and drink cocktails for a few hours (maybe one of the smaller beaches)
Hire a scooter and just go exploring
Simon cabaret - go and experience a g rated ladyboy show (three shows a day)
Take a day trip to phi phi island on a jet boat
Go and buy a tshirt and try out you Thai and best bartering techniques :)