Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 91 - motorbike and clothes hunting ... Plus Thai school

So today I am heading out to do some motorbike and clothes shopping.

Over the last nearly 90 days of traveling I have lost a bit of weight and as a result my trousers are annoyingly big and baggy and I spend half my time pulling them up which is great but as a result I am not looking at my most fashionable :) Now, I know this is not overly Important when traveling but to be perfectly honest I am a little bit tired of wearing the same clothes day in and day out.

I have also identified the first motorbike shop to go and have a look at because I have been chomping at the bit to get back on a bike. I am unsure yet as to whether I go down the buy or rent avenue. It is clear that when I get a bike it will be for outside of Bangkok not in Bangkok. The traffic here is horrendously bad and it seems to me that everyone is going nowhere fast. Taxis seem to be the main mode of getting around and they are pretty cheap. A ride a few kms to your destination seems to cost about 2-3 dollars.

Like many Asian cities, Bangkok never seems to sleep and it is amazing the activity at 2.00am in the morning. I think it probably has something to do with the weather as it is cooler at that time of the night. Also, Thai people love to eat and you can find something to eat from a little stall basically anywhere at any time of the day or night.

The other thing I am investigating is becoming a student for a week and going to Thai school to try and get my head around the language better rather than just a few words. I real like the language and find it very melodic. Of course it has it's very own written language and alphabet so it would be really using every one of my brain cells, but I'm always up for a challenge!


This could be Auckland :)

Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

No comments: