Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 92 - Good morning Bangkok

I had a great nights sleep last night! I am Getting used to the new bed which always helps. Not convinced about the pillows though - I love the cheapest thinnest pillows there are so will go searching for a couple.

I woke up this morning to beautiful weather so couldn't resist taking a couple of snaps from my little smoking balcony. We are quite lucky that right beside us are low building so we have quite an expansive lookout and we are also on the quieter side of the building.













Today i booked a car so i could surprise top by taking him back to where his family farm is in the north east of thailand. We will be gone for a week taking a night to get up and back and maybe three nights at his parents place. I am quite looking forward to heading out of Bangkok and seeing some of the countryside. We were going to go on a bike but I kind of ran out of steam yesterday so will look again on our return to Bangkok.

On another note, one of my best mates in NZ told me about Skype which I downloaded on to the iPad this morning. We talked for over an hour. It is brilliant and means if anyone has Skype I can connect with them and talk just like on the telephone, but for free which is brilliant!

Did I say that Thais love to eat? I just wandered down the road to go to the 7/11 and the soi was crawling with people out eating at all the stalls on the side of the road.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

No comments: