Monday, September 19, 2011

Days 134-136 Chai Wan

As I write this I am sitting on a mat at Yamies parents house up in Chai Wan Provence north east Thailand. We arrived on Saturday afternoon after setting off early in the morning. We are hopeful that keeping busy will speed up this waiting time. I have also planned that when we leave at the end of the week we will head west about 700 km's to Chiang Mai where we will stay a couple of nights then head south about 700 kms back toBangkok before hopefully having a week with good news on the visa front and packing and organizing for the trip home. Also, by then, I will have covered the vast majority of Thailand.

In the meantime, this week is time for yam to spend with his family as if all things go to plan he could be at the bottom of the world with me for a while before he gets back. His family have made me feel so welcome even with the vast differences of language, culture and lifestyle.

Yesterday morning we were up at the crack of dawn (actually, before that) and we went and had a meal with yams mums family in another village. I was given yet more gifts and another string around yam and mine wrists which is essentially like a blessing for our happiness and well being. Yesterday I also helped yams big brother build a bamboo fence at the front of their house and hopefully this afternoon I can help in the garden. I am loving being able to be an extra set of hands and it is helping burn off all the calories from all of the food we constantly eat. :)

I have now been in Thailand for about three months - the time has flow. By and as one of my friends commented on facebook about settling down to routine, I am a little concerned about getting back to "real life" with a thud on my return, but the beauty of this trip is that because I now well and truly have the travel bug again, I/we will just need to plan for the next one and it gives me a great reason to work hard and sell lots of houses!



Thanks for taking time out of your day to follow my blog. Cheers, Nick.

No comments: